Method Community

My users are having Screen Resolution issues

Last post 06-08-2009 9:07 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2009 2:56 PM

My users are having Screen Resolution issues

They all have at least 1024x768 but still the text boxes are shortened or the right side of the screen is off of the monitor and you need to go to 75% in order to view it.  I have a 22" monitor with 1680x1050 resolution and my screen looks just fine.  Unfortunately, most of my users are using laptops that do not handle that resolution and would be nearly unviewable if they did.  I've tested 1024x768; 1152x864;  1280x1024 and they all either shrink the text boxes on the screen or shrink the columns on the grid to the left or lose part of the screen to the left.  There's not even a slide bar to move the screen over to see the whole thing.  This is true of your preloaded screens too.  Is there a global setting to change the screen to show in 1024x768 or 1280x1024?  It should be able to adjust to different resolutions I would think to accommodate everyone.  I have done months of custimaztion to the system and now my users can't use it productively because they can't see what they need to.  Please advise.

thank you,

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 05-28-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

Re: My users are having Screen Resolution issues

I am looking into this and will update you as soon as i get a solution.

• 05-29-2009 9:51 AM In reply to

Hey Greg,

What web browser are you using when accessing Method?

You mention you have done a lot of customization work, is this happening on original method screens, your custom screens or both? Have you imported any of our industry specific apps or added extra tabs? The bottom scroll bar has been disabled by design but we have noticed if you add too many tabs it could cause some to be pushed off the screen.

We’re currently looking into this but you should be able to use the zoom feature in IE or Firefox for now.

• 06-05-2009 2:16 PM In reply to

We were all using IE, but it didn't autozoom at all.  We have since switched to Firefox and it seems to work better but the font is very blocky where as IE is very smooth and looks better but doesn't function right.

Also I found out that when we run a report in IE we had to hold down the 'ctrl' key to keep the pop up window on the screen so we could see the report, but in Firefox it just works and opens excel. 

It definitely seems it was coded for FF and not IE.

Thank you,
    Wavetec
  • 06-08-2009 9:07 AM In reply to

Hey Dale,

From my experience IE will not Auto zoom but it can be manually zoomed by pressing CTRL + or CTRL -. With the Reports, make sure you have the popup blocker disabled so that the new window can open correctly.

Also in IE 8 make sure you set the "Compatibility View Settings" to work with Method. You do this by going to Tools - Compatibility View Settings and make sure to add our website. This should help out when using IE 8.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)