Method Community

Time entry issues

Last post 06-01-2009 4:45 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2009 11:05 AM

Time entry issues

I am currently working on entering all time spent into QuickBooks through the Method time tracking interface.  However, a problem surfaced this morning that has me a bit baffled, since I had not noticed it before today.  As I fill in the fields on the time tracking screen, a drop-down list is displayed that is filtered by what I am typing.  In the past, I have been able to simply arrow down to the proper list entry, and hit the Tab key to move to the next field.  This morning, however, when I hit the Tab key, it moves me back to the first field on the list and I am required to Tab my way through all the fields I have previously filled out in order to get to the next one.

Marcus
  • 05-29-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

Re: Time entry issues

An update...

This post relates to both the post directly above and my post entitled "Auto-Complete" from a few days ago, which Paul responded to.  I just discovered that auto-complete does work, in a sense, because if I continue to type the name I want until it is the only one left in the drop-down box and then hit Tab, even without hitting my arrow keys, the program will enter that name into the field and go the the next field.  This also address in a way my question about Method taking me back to the first field on the screen.  I've found that if I follow the procedure I just mentioned, and hit Tab without first using my arrow keys, it will move directly to the next field, and not back to the first field on the screen.  That still doesn't answer the question of why using the arrow keys causes Tab to send me backward instead of forward, but it does solve my immediate pain point.  Hope this helps.

Marcus
  • 06-01-2009 10:18 AM In reply to

Another update...

As of this morning, the Tab key is now not moving me off of the date field!  Can somebody please tell me what's going on?

Marcus
  • 06-01-2009 4:45 PM In reply to

Hey Marcus,

Thanks for all the information. This was something that was already addressed and will be available on our next update, later this week.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)