Method Community

Questions on Time Tracking

Last post 06-08-2009 2:50 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2009 12:13 PM

Questions on Time Tracking

Jillian asked:

A few quesitons on Time tracking

1. Can Method develop an Hourly and Minute option for tracking? Converting minutes down might stunt our most proficient bookkeepers :) ?
    2. The Tab doesn't put you into the next field (I noticed this in multiple screens) so I have to use the mouse, and that's really frustrating. Am I doing something wrong? Can this be done?
    3. When I do go to use the mouse to go into the next screen, I notice about a 10 second "lag"  and numerous clicks before I can type, again, frustrating. Any solutions to this?
    4. Is Method working on a timer? Like our people can pop in, click the timer, start a job, and then come back to turn it off, and it will record the time for them to the exact minute?

Thank you!
    (I put my email with Connies above so we can both follow the correspondance!)
    Jillian

• 06-08-2009 1:49 PM In reply to

Re: Questions on Time Tracking

Hey Jillian,

I'd like to address the questions you had about Time Tracking. In Method, the time tracking is already broken down by the minute. When you are tabbing through the fields it is suppose to move you to the next field (depending on the screen settings). This is something that has our attention and will be corrected soon. You mention that your having trouble clicking on fields. I have tried to recreated this and I cannot, can you tell me what screens your clicking on when this happens? Your idea to have a timer that users can use to track how long they are working on jobs, is a great idea. This is something that we may implement into Method down the road, but is not currently supported.

Thank you for the questions and please post any others you may have.

• 06-08-2009 2:50 PM In reply to

Re: Questions on Time Tracking

Hey Jillian,

To add to my earlier post. Time Tracking in Method is broken down by the minute. So 1:40 min would look like 100 min. One idea to have it display hours would be; You could add 2 date pickers as "Display Time Only" and have a start and stop field. Then you could use the "Basic Math Calculation" action to get the actual time spent on the job.

Keeping in mind that you would want the Calculation to happen on both fields in case someone did the stop time first.

Hope this gets you in the right direction!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)