Method Community

Dynamics Migration

Last post 05-16-2012 4:22 PM by CF_Pro. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2012 4:22 PM

Dynamics Migration

Does method have any tools to easily migrate Microsoft Dynamics to Method?

Thanks

• 05-16-2012 3:07 PM In reply to

Re: Dynamics Migration

Answer

CF_Pro:

Does method have any tools to easily migrate Microsoft Dynamics to Method?

Thanks

@CF_Pro - I think this post may have got lost somewhere along the lines so I apologize for the the late reply.  I'm not really sure if this is an API question but there is no easy way to migrate from Dynamics to Method.  I think at some point we'll probably create some sort of simple migration tool but because other applications can have custom fields, etc., it might not be as easy as it looks.  

I can confirm this is not on our roadmap for 2012.

• 05-16-2012 3:14 PM In reply to

I would think it would be a priority, because people are going to be looking for a different CRM that is cheaper.
    If they find out there is no easy migration path, then they will feel forced to stay with Dynamics.

Anyways, what is the manual way of doing this migration? 

• 05-16-2012 3:27 PM In reply to

I totally agree with you but Dynamics isn't the only product users would want to migrate from.  Salesforce, Zoho, DrivenCRM, ResultsCRM, SugarCRM....I could keep going.  It is part of our long term plan, not our short term plan.  We have other things like Google Apps integration that take priority over migration from other CRM products.  

No way of manually doing this besides using the import tool built into Method.  Of course this isn't a cascading import so you'll need to import one table at a time.  The other option of course is to create an API application yourself which imports the data into Method.  

Isn't the answer you want to hear I'm sure.

• 05-16-2012 3:35 PM In reply to

IMHO would hire contractors to start building those modules, because it directly effects new business and should not be on the back burner. 

Ok.. so is their any documentation for the import tool, and any tips on how to do this quickly and effectively?

• 05-16-2012 4:04 PM In reply to

@CF_Pro - Your feedback has been taken but we need to be selective about where we spend our development time and resources.  Each person and company will have their own views on what they feel is most important. 

Please post questions on help with the import tool, etc. on the general Q & A forum. 

• 05-16-2012 4:22 PM In reply to

It's obvious you guys are under staffed, this is why I am saying you guys need to hire contractors to develop crucial tools to bring in more business.

ok I am done with my rant :) I will post in the other forum.

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)