Method Community

Add Activity Error :(

Last post 12-16-2013 9:39 AM by Method_Jamil. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2012 8:10 PM

Add Activity Error :(

It looks really slick, but I'm encountering speed bumps.

I may not have it working correctly yet for one reason or another, but when I have an incoming email and I click on Add Activity I get an error from Chrome:

There was an uhandled error processing a request.  Please try again.  last Action=loadattachments

(wish I could insert an image of the error here.)

This is before I even try to Save, which of course generates another error.

Victoria Cameron
    vcameron@cloudconsutlancyllc.com
    www.cloudconsultancyllc.com
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

• 07-11-2012 8:15 PM In reply to

Re: Add Activity Error :(

Victoria -

We're getting weird errors from the gadget on our end, and it's probably YOU! :)

Researching the error took me to this site:
    http://blog.showzey.com/post/389742346/workaround-for-unknown-mailbox-gmail-all-mail 

Can you run through those recommendations and see if they solve it for you?

Do me a favor - if it does solve it, can you let me know? I'd like to see us document it and automate the solution somehow if this becomes common (you're the first one so far with this issue).

Paul 

• 07-11-2012 8:28 PM In reply to

Yes I probably broke it...

I went through the document, and everything was already set as per that (English, IMAP), except for the Show All Mail (I always turn that off)  I turned it back on and tried logging out and back in, and still no joy.

I can't edit a contact either, I get a slightly different error.  Maybe its time to go fix dinner and let Gmail sort it out.  If you are really getting erros as well, there maybe some kind of system issue?

Victoria Cameron
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

• 07-11-2012 9:03 PM In reply to

Answer

Thanks for trying that out. The exact error we're getting is "xm002 NO [NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]/All Mail (Failure)"

The gadget is hitting your All Mail folder and requesting details of the email you are on, so that it can pull out the names of attachments. And in response, it's getting back that the mail box "All Mail" doesn't exist..........

It's the same problems Contacts would have. It's using IMAP to find out the First and Last Name of the person who sent the email so that we can fill that in for you, and we're getting the same response.

Those are really the only two areas it uses IMAP, so that's why they are the only areas you are having problems with.

Good news (maybe). I was able to duplicate the error, however, I had to make some settings changes in order to do it.

I went to Settings > Labels in Gmail, and then beside All Mail, on the far right, there is a "Show in IMAP" checkbox.  I checked that off, and voila, I now get same error you are getting.

Do you have that checkbox? Can you turn it on?

Paul

• 07-11-2012 10:17 PM In reply to

Yes that was it! Everything is working now.  I hate that All Mail folder, so I'd turned it off in IMAP.

It was interesting to learn that the gadget uses IMAP.  Since that doesn't come turned on by default when you set up a business Gmail account, maybe that should be part of the setup instructions? I had already enabled it, since I like to keep Online and all my devices in sync, so that was my only issue.  I wonder if IMAP hadn't been enabled if the gadget would work at all?  Or perhaps if I hadn't turned it on, there would have been some kind of prompt when installing the gadget?

Victoria Cameron
    650/209-0345

What is Method?

• 07-12-2012 11:16 AM In reply to

Great to hear. We're going to work that into the system in some way so that we can at the very least give a graceful troubleshooting article in situations like this.

By default, I believe IMAP is turned on, it's just invisible in the settings interface (otherwise we'd be having a heck of a time with onboarding users!).

Cheers,

Paul

• 12-16-2013 9:39 AM In reply to

Another test W#4...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)