Method Community

accessing the API

Last post 09-11-2012 8:56 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2012 7:44 PM

• Loren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-12-2012
    • Posts 1

accessing the API

Hello,

I’m trying to test out using VBA and Excel to get at the data in Method. I’m getting stuck early on!

I downloaded the samples you have online (http://www.methodintegration.com/documentation/MethodAPISample_VBA.zip). I made sure the user I was on had permission to use the API and installed Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit 2.0, per your instructions. (I’m running excel 2010 – don’t know if that makes a difference.)

When I hit the button to run any of those macros, I get error 429 (“ActiveX component can’t create object”).

Any suggestions?

Loren

• 09-11-2012 8:37 PM In reply to

Re: accessing the API

Answer

Loren - 

Microsoft stopped supporting VBA with SOAP toolkit with Excel 2010 (64 bit).  I have the same problem on my machine. I spent 1/2 a day a few months ago researching for an updated SOAP toolkit library, but Microsoft has killed it. The general consensus on all articles and discussion groups I found is that there is no solution other than following Microsoft's wishes......

...with Excel 2010 64 bit, you need to start using .NET plug ins, and use our .NET code examples. It's 100 times more complicated than our VBA examples with Excel, but I've come to the conclusion that our hands are tied.

Are you a .NET coder? If you know VBA, Visual Basic .NET is a logical next step.

Paul

• 09-11-2012 8:56 PM In reply to

Re: accessing the API

@Loren - I'm not a coder by any means but if you're goal is just to import/export, how about using out import/export tool?  It is build right into Method.  You can check it out here.  

http://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=MethodCRM&article=Import-%2f-Export&id=189

If you are looking for a way to do this via code, I'd refer to Paul's response.

Danny

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)