Method Community

API calls not defined in WSDL

Last post 11-21-2012 10:30 AM by steveb. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-21-2012 8:27 AM

• steveb
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2011
    • United States
    • Posts 79

API calls not defined in WSDL

Hi all,

I've been working for a while (more than 1 year ... but not 24 hours a day) to make the API calls from within a development tool that is Java based and can't cleanly access the .NET framework.  With a lot of help we were able to complete a proof of concept earlier this week.  I am now building out the calls (at least what I consider the major ones) and have run into the follow issue:  The following two APIs, which I was going to include, ‘MethodAPIInsertFile’ and ‘MethodAPIUpdateFile’ are NOT defined in the WSDL, so I cannot include them.  All other API calls as documented in API v2 documentation appear to be defined in the WSDL.  Am I missing something or has nobody ever tried to insert or update a file to a Method Table?

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Blaustein, CPA.CITP
    Owner / Manager
    MNV Software, LLC.
  • 11-21-2012 9:21 AM In reply to

Re: API calls not defined in WSDL

Answer

Hi Steveb

Are you using the wsdl from https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/Service.asmx?wsdl

Both functions are defined in there.

Dave

• 11-21-2012 10:30 AM In reply to

• steveb
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2011
    • United States
    • Posts 79

Re: API calls not defined in WSDL

Dave,

It looks like I somehow downloaded an old WSDL.  I just got downloaded a new one.  You are correct, they are in there.

This may be a good thing.  I need to redo what I was just taught to do and I can document the steps.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Blaustein, CPA.CITP
    Owner / Manager
    MNV Software, LLC.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)