Method Community

What are the advantages of an Opportunity?

Last post 02-23-2010 12:50 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2010 11:29 AM

What are the advantages of an Opportunity?

Locked Reply Contact

Laura emailed in asking the following:

Thank you for the info.  I installed the Outlook took, but as of yet the Sync and Send Selected appointments to Method are not active (grayed out).  I hope to have time to troubleshoot later today.

Also, what are advantages of having an opportunity? I am thinking it is an extra step we don’t need right now.

Our process is:

1. Email or call comes in

2. We reply by email

3. Follow up by call

4. Keep notes on communications

I am thinking creating a lead customer and assigning activities is really all I need. I will review the recorded webinars to see if I am missing something.

With Sage CRM we always had an opportunity, as that was the only way activities were linked (whereas Method has the Customer which is linked to the Opportunity and both are linked to activities).

Thanks.

Laura Madeira

• 02-23-2010 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: What are the advantages of an Opportunity?

Method_Danny:
    Also, what are advantages of having an opportunity? I am thinking it is an extra step we don’t need right now.

While this might not be something that your team needs right now, many companies that have used to other CRM software in the past will demand and expect this from their CRM.  The main advantage of adding in an opportunity is to keep track of the progress of a potential sale or lead from beginning to end.  Not to mention, being able to at any point in time, see any potential business outstanding for your company that is currently in the pipeline.

Method_Danny:

Our process is:

1. Email or call comes in

2. We reply by email

3. Follow up by call

4. Keep notes on communications

I am thinking creating a lead customer and assigning activities is really all I need. I will review the recorded webinars to see if I am missing something.

If this was a new prospect, that sounds like the perfect process.  If you were adding it in through Outlook, keep in mind that the plug-in is smart enough to search for the clients email to see if they have had prior communications with you.

In terms of comparing Method CRM to Sage, we don't require that you have to create an opportunity but if I put my training hat on, I would say it is good practice to do this.  You can just log all activities and follow-ups against a prospect directly.

Keep me posted on how things go Laura!  I've been using the tool now for weeks and am really loving the sync process and the categories.  Awesome!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)