Method Community

Version 2.1.28 - Now available for download

Last post 04-01-2010 2:43 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2010 11:56 AM

Computer [co] Version 2.1.28 - Now available for download

Hi Everyone,

Version 2.1.28 is now ready for download and will appear when you click the "Setup" button on the toolbar.  This version contains:

• A couple minor bug fixes.
    • New option to set new appointments being synced but occurred in the past, no longer prompt for reminder.
    Danny

• 03-30-2010 1:37 AM In reply to

Re: Version 2.1.28 - Now available for download

Hi Danny

I've downloaded 2.1.28 - and have it installed on Outlook 2007.

But I'm hitting a problem.

Entered my account settings (and have enabled the api within Method)

Have left the defaults alone (do I need to enter and internal Outlook Exchange domain - if so what is this and where will I find it?

When I go to appointments - I get the error message "Cannot find table 0"

And the red text - please choose a default value.

In the Synchronise the following activitiy types drop down - I have "none" or "show all". If I tick show all nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 03-30-2010 2:52 PM In reply to

Hey Mike,

When you select an email and click "Add to Method" what happens?  Are you able to search for a customer or do you receive any sort of error message.  

I've seen this actually happen once before when someones password started with a "$" sign at the very beginning.  It's a known issue that I have reported and forces that user to be disabled and that's why it doesn't work.  It gave very similar results to what you are seeing. You don't have to tell me if your password starts with a "$" but if it does, that might be the issue.  

If those dropdown lists aren't showing any values, that means it isn't connecting to the API.  Which is usually 1) the permissions not enabled (which sounds like you have done this properly if you followed my steps) or 2) typing error.

Let me know. 

• 04-01-2010 3:28 AM In reply to

Hi Danny

Thanks for this - traced the issue. In the api set-up you can't simply use the "field for Outlook" selection - you need all fields selected to make Outlook Sync v2 work.

Also - secondary question

We have now synced to the main Outlook Calendar on our first user. Is it possible to select a specific "Method" or other Outlook calendar to sync to? This would be really helpful.

Let me know.

Many thanks

havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 04-01-2010 2:43 PM In reply to

Hi Mike,

Glad to hear you were able to get this working.  That would totally explain why you were not able to get the connection to work with Method and the API. 

In terms of picking a specific calendar that you want to sync with, this isn't something it can do right now.  Normally the default Outlook calendar is what the plug-in will sync with.  I'm not sure how much work is involved to change the plug-in to select a specific calendar to sync with instead of the default one.  If we did come out with something like this, I imagine it wouldn't be until version 3 of the plug-in.  We wanted to keep this plug-in simple.  I'm assuming you use multiple calendars in Outlook? 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)