Method Community

Working with Estimates

Last post 05-04-2015 9:31 AM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2015 10:26 AM

Working with Estimates

Will we be able to create an estimate from the opporunity page?  There used to be a tab for Estimates but it's gone.

Also - in Method Classic I inserted a Rich Text field for quote description that allowed me to browse my PC for an image to upolad.  I did the same thing with Method Beta but the image can only be linked....is there a way to have the same feature where I can upload an image?

Thanks

• 04-30-2015 11:08 AM In reply to

Re: Working with Estimates

Answer

Hi industrialrobotix,

I’ll have to check with our product team to see if we’re planning on adding estimates to the app ribbon in the opportunities app. I’ll post back and let you know. If we do not have plans to do so, I will be happy to write up a feature request ticket for this.

As for inserting images into text fields, we use a different text editor in Method New than we use in Method Classic. This change means that there are changes to the available features. You are still able to insert an image from the text editor by selecting the </>Insert tab however, it only accepts a URL. This means that the image needs to be hosted on the internet somewhere in order to insert it into the text field.

You have a few options when considering how to handle this:

1) If you have a website or file host, you can simply upload the images and use the corresponding URL used to access them.

2) If these images are non-confidential, you could use an image host such as imgur to host these images.

3) Instead of inserting the image into the text field, you can add a picture field to the table and add this field to your screen. This will allow you to upload an image from your computer.

4) You can create a Method table with a picture field and app to upload your images to. Once you have uploaded an image to Method and saved it to the table, you can locate it, right click the image and select Copy Image URL.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-04-2015 9:31 AM In reply to

Re: Working with Estimates

Answer

Hi industrialrobotix,

I just want to let you know that I’ve put in a feature request to add estimates to the app ribbon in the opportunities app. I can’t provide an ETA for when this will be available, but I’ll keep you posted on any updates that I receive via this forum thread. I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)