Method Community

is this the forum for new Method?

Last post 06-09-2015 11:18 AM by alexhuang. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2015 5:05 PM

is this the forum for new Method?

Hi,

Is this forum for new Method system? how could I sign up for this new Method? And, is it possible to convert Method:Classic project (data, table, screen) to new Method system? 

Thanks.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 06-09-2015 8:45 AM In reply to

Re: is this the forum for new Method?

Answer

Hi Alex,

Yes, this is the forum for Method New (M:N), welcome! If you would like to obtain access to M:N, please contact your account manager to discuss. Keep in mind that not all features available in Method Classic (M:C) are available in M:N just yet.

We do have a migration plan for converting customization from M:C to M:N, but this will take some time to be implemented. We are currently working on strengthening the M:N platform and building the features necessary to make it the main platform for our users. For release information, keep an eye on this sub-forum, our blog and our twitter page.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Edit: I forgot to mention, M:N connects to the same database that M:C connects to. This means that your data, custom tables and custom fields all remain in-tact. You will however, need to re-build your custom screens in M:N or await our migration plan.

You may want to consider rebuilding your screens in M:N anyway, as the workflow M:N uses is quite different than that of M:C. I’m not certain, but it’s likely that migrating your customization from M:C to M:N will not take this into account.

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 06-09-2015 11:18 AM In reply to

Re: is this the forum for new Method?

Hi Audisho,

Thanks for details, as long as data and table can be migrated, that will be no problem to me!

-

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)