Method Community

Calling Save after Editing EstimateLine Grid Won't Work

Last post 08-12-2015 2:53 PM by aaronjwood. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2015 2:53 PM

Calling Save after Editing EstimateLine Grid Won't Work

I am creating a custom Quickbooks_Estimate screen that allows the user to edit fields in the EstimateLine grid which then recalculate other fields in the grid and update the associated values in the EstimateLine table. I am having an issue with trying to call the "Footer buttons>>Save_Click" action set from the "Text Change" action in my Markup field. The steps I have added takes the new Markup value and uses it to calculate the gross profit percent (a custom field). These new values are then written to the EstimateLine table. Everything works fine with the exception of the subtotals and totals being recalculated. If I click on the "Save" footer button after making a change of the Markup value the grids are all refreshed and the Estimate totals are recalculated. However, if I call this same action using the "Call Another Action Set" action at the end of my "Text Change" actions it doesn't work. It seems like the save is taking place before the new calculated values have a chance to be updated in the EstimateLine table. I'm not sure how this could happen because the "Call Another Action Set" comes after all of the steps for updating table fields, but it still seems to be the case. Do you have any insight into this issue? I really don't like to rely on my users to have to click the Save Button each time they want to update the Estimate screen totals.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)