Method Community

Can not customize New/Edit Estimate or New/Edit Invoice screens.

Last post 09-28-2015 8:28 AM by Method_Audisho. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-19-2015 9:41 PM

Can not customize New/Edit Estimate or New/Edit Invoice screens.

If I make a copy of either of these screens and try to view the fresh working copy, even without customization, I get the following error:

The ActiveRecordChange event for New / Edit Estimate(2) failed to complete.

Stack Trace:

• #2 - Action Set (btnGridAppearance_onClick)
    • #2 - Condition
    • #1 - SetViewFilter (If)

Please verify and try again. If the problem persists please contact Method Technical Support.

I am able to customize the screens no problem, just not view them. But, there is no point in customizing if they can't be viewed.

• 09-19-2015 10:26 PM In reply to

Re: Can not customize New/Edit Estimate or New/Edit Invoice screens.

This may be a clue as to why these screens won't work, and also why I can't edit the Web-To-Lead screen...

In the app configuration, the default screens for editing/new is set to the original screens. You can change the default screen to the custom screen in the dropdown, however when you save the settings you are not able to unless you are the original publisher.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I'd really like to get some use out of Method New rather than putting customization time into Classic, but unfortunately everything I try to do doesn't work due to some type of bug.

• 09-21-2015 6:40 AM In reply to

• mahlonf
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-28-2012
    • Stevens, PA
    • Posts 879

Have you gone throughthe help documentation?

There is lots of helpful info and videos.

Mahlon L Fisher
    Computer Bookkeeping Solutions
    www.combooksolutions.com
  • 09-21-2015 9:00 AM In reply to

Hey Greg,

Take at our help center article on Screen Management and look for 'Redirect.'

In your case it seems like you need to go into Manage Apps > Edit Apps (Estimate or Invoice) and redirect the New/Edit screen to your customized version.

Another way of doing all this and the redirects at one go: head over to Invoices(/Estimates) > New/Edit Invoices > Top Right Gear > Customize

After customizing click on Save & Close will bring you back to the New/Edit screen and you will notice a (2) in parenthesis. Which means this is pointing to a copied customized version of this screen.

Give that a try and let me know if you are still running into problems.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 09-21-2015 9:09 AM In reply to

Hi Greg,

We spoke over the phone a few minutes ago. As per our call, you were receiving this error after being redirected to an unmodified copy of the New / Edit Estimates screen. I was unable to replicate this issue on my test account, but created a clean, unmodified copy on your account and redirected to it. Sure enough, on the clean copy the error that you reported in your first post was thrown.

I’ve created a ticket for our development team to investigate. I’ll keep you posted on any updates that I receive and reach out once it’s been resolved. For anyone else that’s running into this error, feel free to reply to this post and I’ll add your account to the ticket.

All the best,

Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 09-25-2015 9:42 PM In reply to

Hi Audisho,

Is this error isolated to my account, or are there other users that can't customize these screens?

If it is isolated, is there any way of resetting all my method new apps to their defaults (ie. uninstalling/reinstalling)?

• 09-28-2015 8:28 AM In reply to

Hi Greg,

As far as I know, this issue is isolated to your account. Unfortunately, we don’t have a tool in place at this time for resetting Method New accounts. We’ll need to put your ticket through the standard channels and have this error resolved by our development team. I don’t have an ETA for this, but I’ll keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

--Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)