Method Community

Drop-down with custom Table - ERROR

Last post 01-16-2017 1:09 PM by Method_Curtis. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2017 9:35 AM

Drop-down with custom Table - ERROR

I'm trying to create a drop-down list based on a New Table of custom information. When I create that Drop-Down, the Field Type should be "Dropdown", shouldnt it?

The system is calling the Field Type by the Table name, which makes no sense to me.

I made a Dropdown list under Preferences>Tables/Fields>New Field, Thusly:

Then click Save. Notice how the Field Type is not "Dropdown", as it should be, but it generates a Custom Field Type, by the name of the Field. (Atlas and GAF)

What am I doing wrong? Or is this database just jacked?

Save

• 01-16-2017 1:09 PM In reply to

Re: Drop-down with custom Table - ERROR

Hi Chris,

I know we covered this through our in-product chat, but replying here for visibility :)

Dropdown fields are listed by the table and field they are linking to when viewing the Field Type column, rather than simply 'Dropdown'.

In this case, these new dropdown fields created a corresponding table and field for each of your selections. For instance, when creating the GAF dropdown field, a new field named GAF was created with two fields, RecordID and GAF. The drop down field is pointing to the GAF field on the GAF table, which is why the FieldType is listed as GAF (GAF).

If our dropdown was pointing to the existing FullName field on the Entity table, this field would list Entity(FullName) under the Field Type.

Curtis Tremblay
    Software Developer
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)