Method Community

Closed Opportunity

Last post 03-14-2012 9:34 AM by Anonymous. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-05-2012 10:10 AM

Closed Opportunity

The "Closed Opportunity" function does not seem to be working properly. We used the word "closed" in the stage name. The probability is then changed to 100%, but the pipeline still shows the original amount. Shouldn't the pipeline go back to $0 once an opportunity is closed?

Thanks

• 03-05-2012 3:52 PM In reply to

Re: Closed Opportunity

Answer

Hi Katie G,

Is this issue happening on an original Method screen or a customized Method screen. Can you please hover your mouse pointer over the New Opportunity tab link and let me know what information is appearing on the description rectangle box that pops up.

Ronen

• 03-05-2012 11:50 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Katie G, 

Within the "New Opportunity" screen, the amount for the opportunity will always stay the same unless the user decides to make the amount of the opportunity lower then the original amount. This amount is the value that you will place towards the potential sale opportunity.

The Probability % is the only relational change to the different opportunity stage selection. The % will always change throughout the lifecycle of the opportunity.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen 

• 03-07-2012 7:50 AM In reply to

I don't think we did anything to customize the screen. When hovering over "New Opportunity" it says:
    CRM_NewOpportunity from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#402)

Once an opportunity is closed, shouldn't the $ amount of the opportunity no longer be in the pipeline since it is converted to an actual sale?

• 03-07-2012 1:45 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Katie G,

If the opportunity stage is considered Closed Lost then the probability (%) will be considered 0.00 and the pipeline is 0.00 regardless of the opportunity amount. If the opportunity stage is considered Closed Won, then the probability (%) will be 100 and the pipeline will equal to the amount of the opportunity.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-07-2012 2:08 PM In reply to

How can we take won opportunities that turn into sales out of the pipeline? Once they become jobs we no longer want them to be included in the pipeline.

• 03-07-2012 3:53 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi Katie G,

The following steps will help you get rid of the Closed Won stage:

1. Go to Opportunities>New Opportunity.
    2. Click on the ... beside the Stage dropdown.
    3. Click on the Select link for the existing opportunity stages.
    4. Click on the More actions... button and select Delete Opportunity Stage.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-07-2012 5:03 PM In reply to

Hi Katie G, 

The steps that I have given you earlier will delete the stage and I don't want you to get rid of that status. I just wanted to give you an update that I will be looking into this request internally and will update the forum post with my updated information. 

Ronen

• 03-13-2012 7:10 AM In reply to

Thank you. Yes, I don't want to delete the stage. I just want to be able to close an opportunity so the $ amount for the opportunity is no longer in the pipeline once it is closed.

• 03-13-2012 8:28 AM In reply to

Hi Katie-

Looking at the graphs on the Home Dashboard screen, they are filtered so that any Opportunity Stage that has a Opportunity Stage Category containing the word "Closed" should not show up.

Just to confirm if you go click on the ... next to the Stage dropdown (This should bring up the New / Edit Opportunity Stages screen) and select your "Closed" Stages is the Opportunity Stage Category either Closed Lost or Closed Won?

-Michael

Michael Melo
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMelo
  • 03-13-2012 8:52 AM In reply to

The closed stage selected is "Closed Won". Does it have to be set to "Closed Lost" to move the opportunity out of the pipeline?

• 03-13-2012 9:10 AM In reply to

Answer

Katie,

Only stages that have the category of "Open" will appear in the pipeline.  Selecting stages with a category of "Closed Won" vs. "Closed Lost" really only affect reports you wish to generate down the road.  For example, if you wanted to run a report for all the opportunities you lost in 2011.

You'll see over the coming months that we'll be releasing reports that leverage this data.  However the graphs focus only on stages that have "Open" as the category.

• 03-13-2012 9:38 AM In reply to

This is not working properly for us. Our closed won opportunities are still appearing in the pipeline.

• 03-13-2012 9:50 AM In reply to

Katie,

Can you please email method@methodintegration.com with your company name and refernece this forum post?  I'll take a look at this for you.  I just tested this in my account and it seemed to be working fine.

• 03-13-2012 9:51 AM In reply to

Katie,

Can you please also enable to "Method Support" user in your account?  This can be located under Customize > Users.  

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >