Method Community

Does each contact, activity, email, etc count against storage space?

Last post 11-27-2012 12:15 PM by Shane Harris. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2012 8:44 AM

Does each contact, activity, email, etc count against storage space?

Regarding storage space does each contact, activity, email, etc count against storage space?  If so how much does each one of those typically take up?  I realize it is probably very small since text file but we have quite a few records with alot of activity on our accounts and I do not want to run into storage cap issues.  We will use smart vault for our document storage but it looks quite possible to hit storage caps just on records on an active account.

"In the case of storage, you have 500MB of storage X the number of paid users. So if you have 3 paid users, you have 1.5G of storage. Overage is 1 cent per MB per day."

So if we had to purchase an additional 1gb of data in next year or two our storage cost would go through roof.  Calculating your quote above an extra gig would cost $3650 per year if my math is correct.  Point being any info you can give me that would help me determine record size would help me make sure we will not have a long term issue as we need to indefintly store all our records .  

• 11-27-2012 10:07 AM In reply to

Re: Does each contact, activity, email, etc count against storage space?

Answer

Hi Shane,

I can't tell you exactly how much each activity, email, etc takes, it would be highly unlikely to hit the limit.  By hosting your files on SmartVault you will be eliminating most of the possibility of going over.   

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 11-27-2012 12:15 PM In reply to

Re: Does each contact, activity, email, etc count against storage space?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)