Method Community

How to create a mailing list for physical address

Last post 12-04-2013 11:00 AM by Method_Adam. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2013 9:07 AM

How to create a mailing list for physical address

I am needing to create a mailing list for a physical address mailing. I can not get any list builder to work, it only gives me the e-mail option. All of the webinars I have seen are older and I do not have the options they are discussing.

Thanks!

• 11-25-2013 5:52 PM In reply to

Re: How to create a mailing list for physical address

Hi jvandelicht,

What you could do is to edit the CRM_Listbuilder screen and add the address fields to the grid on Step 2 of the Listbuilder. To edit the screen, create a copy of the CRM_Listbuilder screen then edit the copy. Once you are in the screen designer, you can edit the grid in Step 2:

You can see from the screen above the Edit option to the right of the grid. Also on the left, you can see there are address fields available. When you edit the grid, you can add these fields to the grid (step 2 of the Edit Grid wizard) and then sort by them when going through the Listbuilder screen.  At the bottom of Step 2 for the Listbuilder screen, there is also a Export to Excel button. This will create an Excel file of the contents of the grid, and thus a list of your physical addresses.

Is this in the direction of what you are looking for?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-02-2013 9:11 AM In reply to

Adam, 

This is the screen I am seeing when i try to customize. I am not the administrator and they said they have given me all access to customize screens, but this is still not working. Is there somewhere he should go or do?

Customize screen
    Great! You want to customize - that's what Method's all about. But before you customize screens, keep the following in mind: 

• When you customize a screen, you will be using your version of the screen going forward. This means your screen won't receive any standard updates we make to the out-of-the-box version of the screen.
    • Technical support is free of charge on out-of-the-box screens, but once a screen is customized, support is done using a paid consultant.

You were attempting to customize the screen: CRM_ListBuilder(2)

You do not have access to any tab groups with Customize > Screens. Please ask your administrator to enable this ability for you under Customize > Users.

• 12-02-2013 5:28 PM In reply to

Hi jvandelicht,

The administrator will have to go to Customize > Users and edit your user. What they will be looking for is Step 7 in the Edit User wizard:

He'll need to enable Screens in the second section, and of course any other areas in those two tabs he wants to give you access to.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-03-2013 8:41 AM In reply to

Adam, 

That entire section has been enabled. We double checked it and it looks just like the image above and I still am not able to do this customization.

Thank you,

• 12-03-2013 9:18 AM In reply to

Jvandelicht,

The only other area of the system that may block access is if your role does not have access to the Screens tablink in the Customize tab. You can go to Customize > Tabs > Customize and make sure your role has access.

If this doesn't work, you can turn on MethodSupport by going to Customize > Users and making sure the checkbox next to the MethodSupport user is checked. This will allow us to login and see what the issue may be.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-03-2013 9:31 AM In reply to

Everything is checked except for accountant and administrator.

THank you,

• 12-03-2013 9:57 AM In reply to

jvandelicht,

And you have the Admin role correct?  That may be why you don't have access. 

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-03-2013 10:37 AM In reply to

No, I am not admin. 

• 12-03-2013 1:14 PM In reply to

You'll either need to change your role to admin or add your role to the tablink in order to view it.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 12-03-2013 2:18 PM In reply to

I don't know what you mean by adding my role to the tablink? I have all roles checked except for admin and accountant. It says I have the ability to do everything.

• 12-04-2013 11:00 AM In reply to

jvandelicht,

You'll need to go to Customize > Tabs > Edit tab links for the Customize tab. When there, for "Screens" click Edit under "Roles that can view", click Edit.  You'll see this screen:

Whatever you users role is, will need to be check here in order to view and edit screens.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)