Method Community

Trying to edit a contact in the Customer edit tab

Last post 02-03-2012 7:28 PM by bbullins. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2012 2:10 PM

Trying to edit a contact in the Customer edit tab

I am trying to edit a contact in the "edit Customer screen" the I click the contact tab , click "edit contact" and then I get the following message. Can anyone help with this?

The Customer/Employee/Vendor/OtherName could not be sent to QuickBooks. This Name is already in use. Please edit the Name so that it is unique and save again. 

• 02-03-2012 9:38 AM In reply to

Re: Trying to edit a contact in the Customer edit tab

Hi bbullins, 

If you are changing the "Customer Name" field for this customer to a customer name that already exists in QuickBooks and Method, then that is when you will get this error message. You are able to change the "Contact" field for this customer, but the "Customer Name" field is unique, so that is when you will be receiving that error message.

I hope that this helps. 

Ronen

• 02-03-2012 9:49 AM In reply to

its not hte customer name but the contact name, open the customer, click on contacts, click edit contact then that message is displayed

• 02-03-2012 10:39 AM In reply to

Hi bbullins,

Is this happening on a customized screen or an original screen? Can you please hover your pointer above the "Edit (Customer Name)" link and tell me what it says?

Ronen

• 02-03-2012 10:48 AM In reply to

original

CRM_Editcustomer from TemplateOnlineCRMQBDesktop (#370) 

• 02-03-2012 12:25 PM In reply to

Hi bbullins,

I would like to see discuss this issue over the phone. Can you please contact the Tech Support line at 1-888-925-6238 and upon the prompt you are given, you can press 1, and I will be happy to take a look at this issue. 

Ronen

• 02-03-2012 7:28 PM In reply to

ok I noticed in the method integrator it was complaing that I need to do a batabase repair in QB. So i did that, did a full sync with Quickbook winning and now when I try to delete the contact I get a different message, "cant delete this is the quickbooks alt contact" So i go into quickbooks remove it, select quick books wins again and perform another full sync. 

Only Quickbooks doesnt win, instead of removing it from the CRM it puts it back in quickbooks 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)