Method Community

Generate letter for Lead

Last post 03-08-2012 9:31 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2012 9:14 AM

Generate letter for Lead

I'm trying to figure out how I can generate a letter for leads that I select.  Basically looking for a mail merge type of functionality?  I see how to generate emails but not form letters.  Do I need to do something and export to a word processing program and do the merge there?

Thanks!

• 03-07-2012 1:59 PM In reply to

Re: Generate letter for Lead

Answer

Hi emiller,

If you go to Home>Email Template, you will see the functionality that will allow you to create a new e-mail template. If you click on the What are "merge" fields, and how to I use them? link, you will see instructions on how to create an e-mail template using mail merge type of functionality.

I also recommend that you click Here for the webinar which will give you an overview of Method CRM and will discuss how to create e-mail templates using merge fields.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-07-2012 2:32 PM In reply to

Thanks Ronen, I saw how to do for email.  Any suggestions on how to generate a letter that can be printed?

• 03-07-2012 4:06 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi emiller,

These e-mail templates are designed to be emailed out to clients through activities within Method. One example can be seen in the New Activity screen under the New Activity tab link. 

The Send an Email checkbox opens up the Send an Email section for that activity which you can e-mail to the customer/lead. At this time, we currently don't have the functionality to print out an e-mail template.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

• 03-08-2012 9:31 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi emiller,

I have an update for your question here. You can generate a list with all of your leads within a function called a List Builder. The best way to do that is go to:

1. Go to Campaigns>List Builder.
    2. Click on the Fill List With... section. 
    3. In the section where it says to Fill with customers:, make sure that you select Is Active for the section "Include IsActive", and Is LeadStatusOnly for the section called "Include LeadStatus". You have the option of placing a checkmark in the checkbox for Include customers with empty email addresses.
    4. Click on the link Fill with Customers. This will update the table under the Current List section. 
    5. At this point, you have the option of either clicking on the Export to Excel... button which will output that list in a nicely formatted table format in Excel which will help you when you want to print a bunch of letters for your leads. The other option is for you to head over to the Process List... section where you can mass send all of your leads an e-mail with the chosen template that you have created.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)