Method Community

Is there a way to do a for loop (predetermined number) instead of looping through table or grid

Last post 06-14-2012 10:23 PM by Blake C. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2010 12:58 PM

• seny
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-15-2010
    • Posts 32

Is there a way to do a for loop (predetermined number) instead of looping through table or grid

Can I do I a simple for loop in the actions?

ex.  for(int i=0; i<5;i++)

{

Show popup screen;

}

Thanks

• 09-10-2010 8:11 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to do a for loop (predetermined number) instead of looping through table or grid

Answer

Seny -

No, there's not.  Though, I don't think you'd want to show popup 5 times :).

What's planned is a loop through a selection list.  So if you supplied 1,2,3,4,5 it would loop through 5 times and have the current value available as an action result.  This is coming soon (within the next month or two) since we need it ourselves to take the mapping out of beta (we need it to get back an array of optimized routed addresses, and then process them in the new optimized order).

For now, if you had a special table you setup called "TempIDTable" where you setup 5 records, you could still accomplish what you need by using the "Start loop through table"....."End Loop Through Table" actions and looping through those 5 records.

Paul 

• 06-14-2012 10:11 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way to do a for loop (predetermined number) instead of looping through table or grid

Was this 'loop through selection list' implemented? I'm not finding anything...am I missing something?

Thx

Blake C
  • 06-14-2012 10:23 PM In reply to

Answer

Nevermind...found out I can loop thru a table using 'Build Selection List' and use the list of IDs I built to specify my loop set.

Thx

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)