Method Community

Attaching multiple files to an email.

Last post 05-25-2014 12:16 AM by Michael Peterson. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2014 12:18 AM

Attaching multiple files to an email.

I'd like to create an email that includes all relavent files. How can I achieve this especially if I'm not sure how many attachments there might be.

--Michael

• 05-23-2014 8:52 AM In reply to

Re: Attaching multiple files to an email.

Hi Michael,

Emails can contain multiple attachments, when setting up the Send Email action you can click the plus sign beside the Attachment Location field to add more attachments. If you're not sure how many attachments you need, you can use conditional statements to setup different combinations of Send Email actions with different attachemnts.

If you can go into more detail about where these attachments are coming from, I can suggest a more specific approach.

-Russell

• 05-23-2014 9:38 AM In reply to

What I want to do is have the attachments stored in a table with a reference back to the original record. As such there could be N documents related to each record and each record could have a different number of documents. I had seen the plus sign that you mentioned but it seems to limit it to 5 attachments max and using conditionals seems a little kludgy. I hoping looking for a more programatic method of attaching a list of attachments (also without the 5 limit).

--Michael

• 05-23-2014 10:08 AM In reply to

Hi Michael,

That makes sense, unfortunately the limit is 5 attachments per email.

As an alternative, you could design a portal page where users could download documents assigned to them. This question was asked on our forums here: http://method.me/cs/forums/p/4905/18827.aspxInstead of attaching the documents to the email, the email could link to this portal page.

-Russell

• 05-25-2014 12:16 AM In reply to

Ok...wasn't the answer I was hoping for but kind of what I was expecting. Thanks for the advise and the possible options.

--Michael

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)