Method Community

Help sending estimate and server is in an infinite loop - crushing my email server

Last post 10-29-2014 8:31 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2014 10:56 AM

Help sending estimate and server is in an infinite loop - crushing my email server

Tried to send an estimate.  Took Method a long time, said the message was "healthy"....now I am literally getting an email every 2 seconds from Method....33 per minute...I can't make it stop.
    I cant reach tech support - nobody answering.  My email server is going to crash....any help would be appreciated.   Says a recipient must be specified but it was a known good working email address.

Email Send Failure Alert

The following email failed to send. Method has tried to send this email via your specified mail server a total of 2 times, approximately 1 minutes apart, before giving up.

Mail Server

smtp-relay.gmail.com

Response from Mail Server

A recipient must be specified.

Company Account

xxxxxx

Server User

xxxxx

Use SSL?

True

Port

From Name

From Address

To

CC

BCC

xxxxx
    xxxxx

Subject

xxxxxYour transaction (#00141576) from xxxxx is ready

Body

xxxxxx

Tips:

• If some emails are working and some are not working, chances are you are using a bad email address. Ensure the sender email address is permitted to send through this email server, and that the 'To' email address is valid.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the port to 587. If that doesn't work, try 465. Most SSL servers support one or the other.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, make sure your email server truly supports it. Try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the SSL on and off to see what is permitted.
    • If you are getting a 'Relaying Denied' or 'Unable to relay' error, please ask your email server administrator to disable or remove any 'POP-Before-SMTP' settings - which are not supported by Method.
    • For more tips visit the Method CRM Help Center
  • 10-28-2014 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Help sending estimate and server is in an infinite loop - crushing my email server

Hello IndustrialRobotix,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have rolled back the last publish we did, so signing out and sign back in again should resolve the issue.

-Inder

• 10-28-2014 10:09 PM In reply to

Re: Help sending estimate and server is in an infinite loop - crushing my email server

Thanks for the info and the follow up call today.  We are good to go now.

• 10-29-2014 8:31 AM In reply to

I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Have a great day!

-Inder

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)