Method Community

Method looks like its doing another full sync, whats happenning?

Last post 06-07-2010 9:47 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2010 5:40 PM

• bob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-04-2010
    • Posts 14

Method looks like its doing another full sync, whats happenning?

Hello again, so now my admin station running method looks like its running a Full Sync.

This is the second time i've seen it do that within four hours. Neither I or my coworkers
    asked method to run a Full Sync, but it seems to be doing that. Its taking a long time
    to finish. Is there a reason why method is doing this on its own?
    bob

Supplemental:

I kicked everyone off of quickbooks and restarted the admin station. So there is no connections
    to method.I started quickbooks and method did its usual beginning sync. But its taking a
    loooooong time to finish this sync. My question is, may other users open quickbooks and work
    on quickbooks while the admin station is still in the middle of syncing? Are there any known
    problems? May user access method online while there is a sync going?

• 06-04-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

Re: Method looks like its doing another full sync, whats happenning?

Answer

Hi Bob,

By default Method performs a changes only sync every 20 minutes or whenever something is updated in QB/ Method or when QB opens. To confirm whether your engine is performing a full sync or a changes only sync you can go to Customize > Audit Trail and under the Action column do a filter by 'syn' you'll then see either syn-c (changes only) or sync-f (full sync). Full syncs are generally done during the initial install or if a user forces the sync.

• 06-07-2010 9:47 AM In reply to

Re: Method looks like its doing another full sync, whats happenning?

Hi Bob,

Just adding to my last comment, if the first sync never completed properly, a changes only would keep trying a full sync until it finally completes. You can verify if a full sync was performed by going to QuickBooks > Synchronize > Edit Synchronization preferences check the date for 'Full Synchronization', in the event a full sync was never completed then it would be blank.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)