Method Community

Changing QB file

Last post 12-17-2010 1:14 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2010 10:59 PM

• m.rini
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-07-2010
    • Posts 7

Changing QB file

When installing Method on my PC I used the Manufacturing Services sample file from QB.  I notice the tutorials are built around the Rockport example.  However, I have already synched the manufacturing file  with Method and it of course has the data from Manufacturing in the synch copy on the Method server instead of Rockport.

So, I need to change my QB file that is synching with Method.  What are the right steps to erase the data on Method server and then substitute Rockport file for the Manufacturing one.  Thanks in advance.

Marty

• 12-17-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: Changing QB file

Answer

Hi Marty,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've forwarded you an email containing instructions on how to proceed. As we get this question frequently, I wanted to share our process for handling this request.

Resetting your account allows you to clear your Method account and synchronize Method with a different QuickBooks database. However, we want to emphasize that all data, screen customizations, and tables that you have created will be deleted from our database and cannot be restored. Should you wish to proceed, please email us with a confirmation.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to lose your customized content, you can do so by registering for a second Method account, and using the copy/export tool found under customize -> screens within Method to transfer your screens from your old account to your new one. However, please be aware that:

* You must have Method Full Blown to take advantage of this option.
        * Only your screens and tables will be transferred over - not your data.
        * You must remember to close your old account before your next billing date to avoid being charged for both acccounts.
        * You will permanently lose the name of the old account once you close it.

If you still want us to reset your account for you, please forward to us an email confirming you wish to do so.

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)