Method Community

ResaleNumber does not sync with Quickbooks (Customer)?

Last post 08-27-2011 12:55 PM by Method_Paul. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2011 3:14 PM

ResaleNumber does not sync with Quickbooks (Customer)?

It appears that the ResaleNumber does not sync with Quickbooks (in the Customer table)?  I am pretty sure it was not a custom field I made as it is not editable.  I put in a value for that field in Method and it does not update to Quickbooks.  I did change another value to make sure syncing in general was successful, and it is.  Should I remove this from the layout as it will not sync, or should I wait in case there is a bug in your system that you can fix?

• 08-15-2011 3:24 PM In reply to

Re: ResaleNumber does not sync with Quickbooks (Customer)?

Answer

mlepitt - we're waiting for Intuit to add that field for us to sync with.  Right now it is shut off from developers for QB Online (no problem with QB desktop, though) - that's why we don't have it in the out of the box versions of the customer screen.  

They haven't given any indication of timeline of when they'll make it available.  I'll give them a nudge for you.....

Paul

• 08-15-2011 3:33 PM In reply to

Paul -

That means if I hide if from the layout now and only use QB Online to save the data for that field, when they allow syncing of that field, it'll come over to Method and I can open it up on the layout at that time?

Emily

• 08-15-2011 3:39 PM In reply to

Nudge has been given........I'll let you know what I hear back.  They made a big release on August 4th and are building at a rapid pace over there, lots of focus on QB Online.....so I have my fingers crossed.

Paul

• 08-15-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

"That means if I hide if from the layout now and only use QB Online to save the data for that field, when they allow syncing of that field, it'll come over to Method and I can open it up on the layout at that time?"

-Absolutely.  That will be exactly how it works.  

Paul

• 08-16-2011 7:48 AM In reply to

An update - the QBO staff are discussing it internally and will get back to us next week with an answer on the if/when they'll release Resale #.

Paul

• 08-26-2011 9:14 AM In reply to

An update - we are still waiting to hear back from Intuit on when/if they are going to allow syncing with Resale Number in QB Online.  We have pinged them again to see if they are getting us the answer this week as promised.

Paul

• 08-27-2011 12:55 PM In reply to

I heard back from Intuit.  They plan on adding the Resale Number for developers on QuickBooks Online to their October 2011 release.  So it *will* come in, just not for a couple months.

Just an FYI to anyone reading this post - this field is available on our sync to QuickBooks desktop, it's just the QuickBooks Online edition that currently has this limitation.

Thank you for your patience.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)