Method Community

Scheduling/Routing

Last post 03-13-2017 7:25 PM by ghawton. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2017 9:48 PM

Scheduling/Routing

Hey Method,

We are using the 'New' Method and are very much in need of scheduling and dispatching capabilities. I'm aware that 'this is in the works', however it is something that we need now. 

We are going to invest a couple of weeks work to develop our own app to do what we need at the moment. I realize that whatever we do won't be on the level of what you eventually develop in house and would likely use whatever Method develops in the future. 

What I'd like to ask for is a little guidance, so that what we develop for ourselves will not be completely out of line with the future Method scheduling. So far, this is the structure we're planning:

- Create Work Orders (which are actually activities, with type-Work Order)

- Set status of work orders to Waiting List

- Have a dispatch screen for pending work orders

- Have another screen to view Waiting List work orders and be able to switch them to Pending

Can you please let us know if this is basically how scheduling will work in the future, and if not, is there any advise you can give on how you are planning this to work?

Thank you!

• 03-13-2017 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: Scheduling/Routing

Hi,

We did basically the same thing.  What we did was enable Field Services on Method:Class, which then creates the proper tables and fields that Method expects, and used those to drive our new custom app.  By doing it this way we hope it will be compatible with the Method:New version of field services as we hope the upgrade path from Classic to New will just convert as it did with the rest of the standard Method apps.

If you're interested in what we did or need help feel free to reach out.

Gary Hawton

Home Watch IT

gary@homewatchit.com

• 03-13-2017 5:32 PM In reply to

Great, thanks for the info! Can you please let me know what tables were activated? I'll check to see if I have them. If not I'll request access to Classic or maybe Method can do this for me. :)

• 03-13-2017 7:25 PM In reply to

You'll have to check with Method about activating it -- I've never used Method without S&I so I don't know what got turned on or not.

I know that most of the interations happen with the Entity table and the Activities table (which contains all of the Work Orders).  Additional fields may get added to those already in existence in the two tables.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)