Method Community

Add an extra detail table to an existing report

Last post 10-10-2008 11:05 AM by tgleason. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2008 3:18 PM

Add an extra detail table to an existing report

How do add an extra detail table to reference in an already exiting report? I see where i can add the tables when creating a new report from scratch. But how do i do this after the report has been created?

• 10-09-2008 4:15 PM In reply to

Re: Add an extra detail table to an existing report

Hello again! 

If you are looking at adding an extra detail table when you’re creating a report from scratch, the report pulls from the relationship with the table you originally based the report on.  So, you’d need to have all the dropdowns already created in the table you’re basing the report on first, then you can access them when you create the report from scratch.

But… I think you’re asking if you can get back to the screen that allows you to select the detail tables (like you see when you’re creating a report from scratch).  To get back to that screen, click File > Save As.  Then you can either assign a new name to the report, or overwrite the current report by giving it the same name as the original report (not recommended because you won’t be able to revert to the original report again, if needed).

Again, I hope this helps!  Cool

• 10-10-2008 11:05 AM In reply to

Re: Add an extra detail table to an existing report

Worked!

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)