Method Community

How do I get sales tax added to Work Order?

Last post 09-13-2010 12:26 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2010 5:35 PM

• Gene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2010
    • Posts 2

How do I get sales tax added to Work Order?

I specify which sales tax to use and only the pre tax total shows on the work order.

The sales tax shows OK on Estimates and Invoices but not on the work order which is taken to the field.

• 09-10-2010 9:45 AM In reply to

Re: How do I get sales tax added to Work Order?

Hey Gene,

I want to confirm the screen we are talking about. So from what I understand you open the Add / Edit Work Order screen and select "New Work Order..." button.

This loads the screen for adding a WO, you fill in some information and once you are done you click save.

At this point you can see the column total for "Amount", this is strictly just a total of all the values in the “Amount” column, it does not represent a total with sales tax.

If you are not talking about the Amount column total, please specify if you have made an customization to this screen. By default this screen has no Total/Total Tax/Balance fields like the Invoice and Estimate screens do.

• 09-10-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• Gene
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2010
    • Posts 2

Yes that is correct.

Our techs take this form to field and we want them to collect at time of service.

• 09-13-2010 12:26 PM In reply to

Hey Gene,

As the WO screen does not calculate tax by default, you would need to add fields and actions to make sure this value was being calculated and displayed on screen.

If you need help with customization, take a look at our webinar section for support, or contact your Business Consultant.

http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/blogs/methodblog/pages/Method-Community-Webinars.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)