Method Community

How to accomplish WYSIWYG from report designer

Last post 10-09-2008 2:34 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2008 11:35 AM

How to accomplish WYSIWYG from report designer

When designing a report in the report designer the preview looks great but when i check the HTML preview and the "print preview" use of the report looks disorientated. Also, in the report designer I notice red squares with "<>" on certain objects i have added tot he report.

Thanks in advance!

• 10-09-2008 11:58 AM In reply to

Re: How to accomplish WYSIWYG from report designer

I figured it out. When you overlap fields you will get the red boxes as warnings and it will not show correctly in the html view.

When using a print preview method - is the format of the report html?

• 10-09-2008 12:15 PM In reply to

When I preview my report everything looks great. When I do print preview method where it rips it to pdf. All my fonts go to MS San sarif and my logo gets distorted.

How do I preserve the original look?

• 10-09-2008 2:34 PM In reply to

Hello!

Yes, you figured it out!  That’s exactly what those red squares mean – the fields are too close to one another.  As you saw, separate them a bit more and the red squares will disappear.

As for viewing the print preview mode – that’s really designed more for the view that you’d see if you were to print directly from Method Report Designer, which is possible; however, in most instances, you’d access a report from within Method via the Report object which then generates the report template that you already created.

The HTML mode is designed for optimizing the view of the report in web-based format.  So, if you’re designing a report that is going to be viewed on the web, you’d want to view the HTML mode so you can get a better idea as to how it will look when it’s finished.

It’s probably a good thing to note that the preview modes – both print preview AND HTML preview are meant to be just glimpses of the final report and may have slight variances from the finished product.  You can always go back in and make the minor cosmetic adjustments easily to the template.

Hope this helps!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)