Method Community

Table Relationship Information

Last post 10-15-2008 5:00 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2008 2:15 PM

Table Relationship Information

While customizing tables I ran across a scenario where I tried to delete a custom table but received the message below.

"Table 'Warranty' is used in a relationship with another table currently. It cannot be deleted at this time. Delete the relationship field in the other table and you may delete this table."

I looked through every table I thought I might have added it to but could not find the relationship preventing me from deleting the table.

I thought - wow it sure would be nice if there was a tool that would allow you to see table relationship information.

Scenario:
    Working with table relationships

Helpful Tool:
    List relationship information for a table or the message pop up could list the information it knows is preventing the deletion.

Problem:
    After creating a relationship between tables there is no way to see these relationships afterwards. You just know there is relationship somewhere to another table.
  • 10-15-2008 5:00 PM In reply to

Re: Table Relationship Information

Hi there. 

I certainly think that’s a great functionality idea for Method in the future.  At present, we're focusing on ensuring that the core functionality of the application operates properly and focusing on creating the Industry-specific apps.  Once we get to a point where we’ve covered all the bases, we’ll be able to fine-tune Method with requests such as these.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)