Method Community

Location & Bin names don't change when Item name is changed

Last post 10-11-2010 8:14 AM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-05-2010 10:59 PM

Location & Bin names don't change when Item name is changed

If I edit the name of a location, the existing bins don't use the new name, the bin name is still uses the old location name in it.

Similarly, if I change the name of an Inventory Item, the bin name doesn't get updated to reflect the new Item name.

Since Method synched to the existing Items as soon as I connected it to QuickBooks, (and before I added the Warehouse module) am I stuck with the location name and bin name saying "Head Office" for all 650+ Items that came over from QuickBooks? 

If I change an Item name after it has been created, do I need to change every bin name manually (or with loop through table) to reflect the new Item name?

-Mary Longacre
  • 10-06-2010 3:00 PM In reply to

Re: Location & Bin names don't change when Item name is changed

Hey Wendy,

I am looking into this and checking if it’s by design or if it’s just not working correctly.

If you update the location name, the Item location is updated in Method. However, what you are saying is that when you sync, your bin was labeled as follows "Widget (Receiving - Head Office)". When you update the location, the Item name is not changed to show this, but the field for "Location" does update with the new location name.

As well if you change the Bin Name, the Bin Name updates, but the original Item name "Widget (Receiving - Head Office)" does not rename itself to match the renamed bin.

I will look into what direction we want to go with this and give you an update as soon as I get some information.

Hope his helps!

• 10-11-2010 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: Location & Bin names don't change when Item name is changed

Hey Wendy,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still looking into this and hope to have an update for you soon.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)