Method Community

Error Messages

Last post 10-26-2010 2:57 PM by Method_Victor. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2010 2:17 PM

Error Messages

I receive this error message when creating a Web Form.

Opportunity_Step4 is set to be a required field, but it doesn't have a single available option. Please make a non required field or delete in from the grid.
    Opportunity_Step5 is set to be a required field, but it doesn't have a single available option. Please make a non required field or delete in from the grid.

I am using all of the defaults for the "basic" form.  No changes.  Even so, i cannot find a required field that also doesn't have a variable.  maybe the error could give me more of a hint?

• 10-25-2010 3:01 PM In reply to

Re: Error Messages

Hello Michael,

I believe I know the reason why you are receiving this error, but to make sure, can you tell me if you ever added opportunities in Method up to now? If not, this might be a reason why you are receiving this error. As a temporary workaround, before we fix this bug this is what you can do:

1. Go to main method website
    2. Click Sales Centre Tab
    3. Click Opportunity TabLink
    4. Add an opportunity with any data you want (you need to do this only once)

Now you will stop getting this message while creating web forms and will be able to successfully create the web forn.

We will also make sure to provide a proper solution as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Victor

• 10-25-2010 4:49 PM In reply to

You were correct.  I have not added any opportunities as of yet. 

I added an opportunity and it worked correctly as you suggested.  Thanks!

• 10-26-2010 2:57 PM In reply to

Michael,

I just wanted to let you know that we had fixed the issue and from now on it will not matter if you previously added opportunities to Method or if you haven't - Method Web Forms will still work.

Thank you

Victor

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)