Method Community

PDF fields not viewable in Apple PDF viewer

Last post 11-26-2018 12:08 AM by albertjohn247. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2010 4:02 PM

PDF fields not viewable in Apple PDF viewer

This might be better served as a bug report. When generating PDF's for estimates, PO's, invoices, the data fields such as item price, telephone number, etc. appear with white text when viewed in Google Docs preview and Apple's PDF viewer. While it may be the PDF viewer that is at fault, it would be nice to know that my clients can view their estimates on their iPhones. 

• 10-27-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: PDF fields not viewable in Apple PDF viewer

I can confirm now that none of our PDF's generated by Method are viewing correctly in Apple's PDF viewer. Can a customer service rep please look into this and file a bug?

The result is that about 20-30% of our customers cannot view the estimates or invoices we send them.

• 10-27-2010 1:17 PM In reply to

Hi Akoumjian,

Could you kindly provide a screenshot through email (d.kugappi@methodintegration.com) capturing what it is you are seeing in the result? I am actually using a Mac here at Method, and cannot reproduce the error you're getting. Is this, by chance, a customized report?

Please also let me know what screen(s) this is happening on, and we'll work through it.

Regards,
    Denis

• 10-27-2010 6:47 PM In reply to

Hi Denis,

Here is a screenshot and copy of the PDF that was not displaying information correctly. Here is the screenshot of the PDF being viewed in Google's PDF viewer:

Price data and part of Date are white or transparent

Note that the price data on the right hand side is either white or transparent. You can select it and copy and paste it. This is also how the document appeared in Apple's PDF viewer. However, it looked fine in Adobe Acrobat.

The estimate was created with only a slightly modified layout. I replaced the logo and changed the colors. Aside from that, it is identical to the SimpleEstimate design.

Here is a copy of the PDF that was not displaying properly: http://ahb.me/Mqj

The same was true for a Purchase Order PDF that was generated and sent out.

• 10-28-2010 3:09 PM In reply to

Hi Akoumjian,

I will pass this on to the developers to conduct further testing, and will get back to you with an answer regardless this anomaly shortly.

Could you kindly email me (d.kugappi@methodintegration.com) your name and contact details, so that I can reach out to you directly.

Regards,
    Denis

• 11-26-2018 12:08 AM In reply to

I was hoping to find a solution to  see the pdfs incl. filled in data in Photoshop error 16 GoodReader, but I think that was hoping for too much. Your advise does help however.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)