Method Community

Display value on a field

Last post 11-04-2010 1:13 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2010 7:41 AM

• karate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-02-2010
    • Posts 6

Display value on a field

Hi,

I am trying to get the value of Balance when I select a particular customer(Field is Fullname) without using grid.  Do I have to use Conditional statement or retrieve value from table action.

• 11-03-2010 2:05 PM In reply to

Re: Display value on a field

Hello Karate,

Assuming that you are speaking about the balance balance column under a screen such as Customer Center Tab -> Customer List Tab-Link -> Existing Customers Grid, you can utilize the "retrieve value from screen" or "retrieve value from table" actions.

If this is not what you are trying to achieve, kindly let me know what your overall objective is, and we will go from there. 

Cheers,
    Denis

• 11-03-2010 9:09 PM In reply to

• karate
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-02-2010
    • Posts 6

Thanks for the info.  Got the balance to be displayed using the 'Retrieve from table' action, but the value is shown in .0000 format

How do we get it in .00 format?

• 11-04-2010 1:13 PM In reply to

Answer

Hello,

You have actually found a bug! Thank you! Smile We've set the dogs on our developers to fix this.

As a temporary work around however, what you can do is the following:

1. Add a basic math calculation action to your workflow, that will take the original action result variable.
    2. Add 0 + original action result variable then round closest to '2'.
    3. The resulting variable after rounding should be the correct action result with 2 decimal points after the radix point, which you can then use in the rest of your work-flow.

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)