Method Community

MethodCRM Questions

Last post 11-04-2008 3:21 PM by Anonymous. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2008 3:21 PM

MethodCRM Questions

Joe sent in some questions about the CRM app:

"I have a couple of questions concerning the CRM app.

I can see how we could structure Method to work the way we want with some coding.  Is there any documentation on how to use the actions?  I could figure it out from the examples but it would be easier with some explanation.

I like the concept of including contacts as lead status only so as not to load up QuickBooks with a lot of potential customers.  We would want to upload our contact lists into Method.  Is there a way to do that type of upload?  Perhaps from Excel."

Thanks for your questions, Joe. 

There is documentation for the CRM app on our website in the Contact Section > Self-Service & Documentation.  The link is provided here for you: http://www.methodintegration.com/documentation/MethodCRMUserGuide.pdf 

There will be a more extensive example coming shortly as well, that walks you through the majority of the CRM Edition’s functionality using a real-world scenario as your guide.  As for documentation related specifically to Actions, that is in review now and will be coming within the next couple of weeks. 

As for uploading contacts into Method via importing data, that functionality is not yet currently built in Method.  We’re hoping that soon after the launch of the first 2 or 3 industry-specific apps, that we’ll be able to build that functionality in as we realize it’s a very important feature to offer.  We’ll keep you posted on that.  In the meantime, there’s always the possibility of using the MethodAPI to build an app that can import the data as well. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)