Method Community

Items for P.O.s and W.O.s - search functionaltiy question

Last post 02-10-2011 5:02 PM by Method_Wayne. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2010 2:11 PM

Items for P.O.s and W.O.s - search functionaltiy question

I am  using the Field Service module of Method for work orders and purchase orders with a company that has an item list of about 800 items.    When the office staff enters a W.O. or P.O, their capacity for searching for items is limited with the screen view in Method.  Is there a way to search the item list with a larger volume of item choices arising after typing in 3 to 5 keystrokes.

For example they have hundreds of different PVC types and sizes - the basic nomenclature of the list begins with PVC - when we type that in we can only see 10 to 15 items, when I hit next, it goes to the top of the item list, not to the next PVC - alphabetical.

Do you have any tips or suggetions for expanding the view of the item list in method or searching differently? 

Business Owner Solutions and Services
  • 11-16-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

Re: Items for P.O.s and W.O.s - search functionaltiy question

Hi Beth,

Thanks for posting. We will look into this and get back to you shortly with an answer.

Regards,
    Denis

• 11-18-2010 2:55 PM In reply to

Re: Items for P.O.s and W.O.s - search functionaltiy question

Answer

Hi Beth,

Thank you for pointing this out to us. Our developers have resolved this, and your manually typed in filter should work correctly now.

Kindly let us know if you continue to experience this, or any other problems.

Regards,
    Denis

• 01-05-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

Re: Inactive Rep List and Inactive Class List Items displaying in Method

Hi,

Method is pulling in all list items for REPS and CLASSES.   I only want to see active items in Method.  In QuickBooks the items are sorted properly for active and inactive.   Do you have a recommendation to solve this? 

Thanks,

Beth 

Business Owner Solutions and Services
  • 02-10-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Inactive Rep List and Inactive Class List Items displaying in Method

Hi Beth,

...digging this up in case you haven't already figured it out :)

I think this will answer your question: http://www.methodintegration.com/cs/forums/t/1466.aspx

Cheers!

Wayne Barbaza
    Account Manager
    Method Integration
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 728
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: w.barbaza@methodintegration.com
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)