Method Community

Vendor Account Number

Last post 11-24-2008 4:40 PM by Method_Valbon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2008 2:59 PM

• Laura
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • Posts 5

Vendor Account Number

I am creating a new report for my purchase orders and I don't see a few fields to map to my form.  Account Number (the alfa numeric given to me by my vendors) and also the Vendor email address.  Please point me in the right direction.  Thanks,  Laura

• 11-11-2008 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: Vendor Account Number

Hi Laura,

The reason for this is because the report is being built from a specific table and by default will only list these fields, in this case only fields from the PurchaseOrder table. The AccountNumber and Email fields you’re looking for are found in the separate Vendor table.

What you’ll need to do is add the two linked fields to the PurchaseOrder table. Using the VendorRef will link the appropriate tables and allow you to add the linked fields making them available for your report.

Follow the steps below:

1. Click Customize.
    2. Click Tables/Fields.
    3. Click Edit Fields beside the PurchaseOrder Table.
    4. Select the Add a Linked Field option.
    5. Link Using: VendorRef.
    6. Select AccountNumber.
    7. Click Add Field.
    8. Repeat the process for the Email field.
    9. Click Finished Editing Fields.

Hope this helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 11-13-2008 10:00 AM In reply to

• Laura
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • Posts 5

This worked great.  THank you.  I also need to add some sales rep contact info so vendors (via purchase orders) and customers (via quotes) contact the sales person directly.  How do I add that table to my PO and Quote report form?

Thanks,
    Laura

• 11-24-2008 4:40 PM In reply to

Laura,

The process for adding sales rep info to the Quote report should be very similar to the steps taken above. The difference being you will want to add a linked field using the SalesRepRef. Keep in mind if you’re looking to expand the list of available fields from the SalesRep table, you have to add them there first by adding a linked field via the SalesRepEntityRef.

For the PO report start by associating the appropriate tables. This will let you use the SalesRepRef from the PurchaseOrder table.

1.    Add a new dropdown field called ‘SalesRep’ to the PurchaseOrder table.
    2.    From the wizard choose the existing SalesRep table and then the field.

Doing this has created the SalesRepRef which you can now use to add additional linked fields to the PurchaseOrder table and display on the report.

Hope that helps,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)