Method Community

Exception Caught: user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed ... attempted to read past end of stream

Last post 03-24-2017 2:19 PM by Method_Audisho. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-24-2017 8:06 AM

Exception Caught: user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed ... attempted to read past end of stream

We've been getting this particular error periodically, ever since the recent reconfiguration of the API server. This particular case is an interesting one as well, as we do have a unique API server configuration which you may reference internally. 

The error is not specific to any type of query, and has been returned now for both select, and desktop sync requests. Started off on 3/21 as a large number of internal server error exceptions. Those were primarily for insert statements, but also came up for a few select & desktop sync requests. Now, this is the primary error I'm getting, which started on 3/22, early afternoon:

Exception Caught: Server was unable to process request. ---> Authentication to host 'REDACTED*' for user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Reading from the stream has failed. ---> Reading from the stream has failed. ---> Attempted to read past the end of the stream.

*Please contact me directly for any redacted info.

Would very much like to know why we are receiving these errors, and what is being done to resolve.

• 03-24-2017 11:54 AM In reply to

Re: Exception Caught: user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed ... attempted to read past end of stream

Two more of these errors since my initial post. One desktop sync request at 8:35am this morning, and a failed select at 11:51am. 

Any idea what's going on here, please? Nothing has changed on our side.

• 03-24-2017 2:06 PM In reply to

Re: Exception Caught: user 'root' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed ... attempted to read past end of stream

Answer

Hi furrywombat,

We had a hardware outage on Amazon Tuesday night and as a result, we had to point some of our services, such as the API, to another environment. We believe this may be what's causing this error.

We've just switched these services to point back to our main production environment which is now functioning correctly. Please monitor and post back if you're still receiving these errors moving forward.

Cheers,
    Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 03-24-2017 2:11 PM In reply to

Outstanding. Very quickly, though -- the API that we are connecting to, as I mentioned, is not the standard API. If you would please confirm that our stuff has been re-pointed as well. And I will monitor for any additional errors coming through.

• 03-24-2017 2:19 PM In reply to

Hi furrywombat,

Yes, this includes the non-standard API server that you use as well.

Cheers,
    Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)