Method Community

Populate New Activity

Last post 06-28-2017 4:48 PM by Method_Morty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2017 1:38 PM

• Gpeak
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-22-2015
    • Posts 13

Populate New Activity

Hi!

On the Opportunity screen I have a button that triggers a new activity based on the Opportunity.  It populates the Contact information at the top correctly, as well as the comments and type.  

But, I want to be able to automatically poopulate the "Link to Existing Opportunity" field, as this is created from an Opportunity.  When I go to program that, I cannot find the appropriate field that contains that information.  

I'm on the "Edit Opportunity" screen when the button is clicked. I have an action set - "Insert Records Into Table" where I have selected the table "Activity".  I can select "Opportunity - Record ID" as the "Field(s) to Populate", but in the Populate Using this Value dropdown there is only Opportunity Stage and Type to select.  It doesn't make sense, because I'm coming from the screen that has the Opportunity information.

Thank you!

• 06-28-2017 4:48 PM In reply to

Re: Populate New Activity

Hey!

Since you will be adding this button onto the EditOpportunity screen that means the Opportunity is loaded up. Try using the Session variable ‘Screen Active RecordID’ like this:

— Morty

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)