Method Community

Customizing when working with Quickbooks Online

Last post 03-30-2018 8:00 AM by Maureen. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2017 3:59 PM

Customizing when working with Quickbooks Online

Does Method itself function the same regardless of whether you connect with QB Desktop or QB Online?  Do the Customizations and Report Designer work the same as well?  I understand there are many differences between Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online, and that a Method Account can not be converted to sync from one to the other.  I also understand that not all of the same tables are available from QB Online that are available from QB Desktop.  What I am trying to understand is if I know how to use Method, Customize Method and make my own reports while using Method database that syncs with QB Desktop, will I know how to do all of that in a new company file that I sync with QB Online?  Redoing the customizations is one thing, learning how to do it all again is another thing entirely!Confused!  

Thanks in Advance

Maureen

• 09-07-2017 3:57 PM In reply to

Re: Customizing when working with Quickbooks Online

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for your question! Method does function in the same way regardless of whether you are connected to QB Desktop or QB Online, as do the customizations and the Report Designer. Other than the small differences you mentioned (ex. not all of the same tables being available from QB Online vs. QB Desktop), you will already be very familiar with how Method works if you set up a new Method account that syncs with QB Online.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Alanna

• 10-05-2017 7:25 PM In reply to

Thanks Alanna!

• 03-29-2018 6:02 PM In reply to

Hi Maureen, I just signed up for Method CRM to work with Quick Books online.

My problem is that on estimates, the name of the customer does not appear in the print version, only the address. In invoice it does appear.

I could not find the way to add the fields of name and last name to the table in Method.

Any clue?

Thanks for your help

Ricardo

• 03-29-2018 6:03 PM In reply to

Hi Alanna! 

I just signed up for Method CRM to work with Quick Books online.

My problem is that on estimates, the name of the customer does not appear in the print version, only the address. In invoice it does appear.

I could not find the way to add the fields of name and last name to the table in Method.

Any clue?

Thanks for your help

Ricardo

• 03-30-2018 8:00 AM In reply to

Hi Ricardo,

I am not using QB online yet and am still with the Desktop version.  However, I believe you will need to change that in the report designer, or maybe there are multiple estimate form options already.  If you download report designer (pretty sure it needs windows operating system) you would be able to look at the forms and or make changes as needed.  You will find info in the help section and there are videos.  Also, your Subscription comes with one hour of customization.  Someone from Method might comment here to give you help in finding just what you are looking for. 

Good Luck

Maureen

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)