Method Community

MethodAPI and QB Advanced Inventory - Location

Last post 04-18-2018 9:43 AM by Laks_Method. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2018 7:05 AM

MethodAPI and QB Advanced Inventory - Location

Hello,

We create salesorders and salesorderlines from our webshop via methodAPI.

These are synced to QB but I would like to add to every salesorderline the loation of the product to be synced to QB since this makes work for our deliverer much easier.

I find the table InventoryControlLocation where I can find all locations. But how do I connect a location to an item in order to fill the fields LocationBin and LocationSite in the Salesorderline-Table? I haven't found an appropriate field in the Item-table.

• 04-17-2018 8:48 AM In reply to

Re: MethodAPI and QB Advanced Inventory - Location

Hello dieterscholz,

The fields LocationBin and LocationSite are added and synced at the line item level for every transaction, in this case SalesOrderLine. The below steps should help you insert LocationBin and LocationSite successfully into SalesOrderLine

1. Turn Advanced Inventory on and setup site/bin in Quickbooks (if you have not done it already). Run a sync.

2. Use MethodAPISelect_DataSetV2 to retrieve site/bin values from InventoryControlLocation (both site and bin are stored in InventoryControlLocation)

3. Use those retrieved values for LocationBin and LocationSite to insert using MethodAPIInsertV2 into your SalesOrderLine directly.

Laks Sahayaprasath
    Product Manager
    Method CRM
  • 04-17-2018 10:21 AM In reply to

Hello Laks,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I still have some questions:

I have the table InventoryControlLocation with all possible locations.

But how do I connect the values in this table to a specific item?

For example: a customer orders article X which is stored in LocationSite Y. I can see this information in the item list in QB.

I create the salesorder and corresponding salesorderlines in method.

But how do I get the Information in method, that Item X is stored in LocationSite Y so that I can insert it into salesorderline? I don't find any connection of the tables item and InventoryControlLocation.

Or do I have to turn on advanced inventory in method? (Step one of your suggestion)

Kind regards,

Dieter

• 04-18-2018 9:43 AM In reply to

Hello Dieter,

At this point, we dont support item-location mapping.

Laks Sahayaprasath
    Product Manager
    Method CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)