Method Community

Email Integration Failure

Last post 08-21-2018 8:50 AM by Method_Inderdeep. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2018 11:55 AM

Email Integration Failure

Hi, 

I'm having trouble with Method integrating with Gmail. Whenever we get a lead from the web form on our website Method is supposed to send us an email notifying us that we have a new lead in our activities section, but instead it emails us an error message instead. I'm not sure why it is able to send us an email letting us know that it can't send us an email. Doesn't make much sense to me. When we try and test the company email server settings it also produces another error message, but with no error code. Also, when we try and send out invoices through Method, it does the same thing. I have attached links to two photos with the error messages that are shown to us each time. Thank you. 

https://s33.postimg.cc/b0uku0ryn/method_email_error.png
    https://s33.postimg.cc/4zwvwyd27/method_email_test_error.png

• 08-17-2018 8:26 AM In reply to

Re: Email Integration Failure

Hi NeighborhoodGutters,

Looking at the error in the screenshot, it seems like there is an authorization issue on your Gmail settings. This could happen for two reasons:

• If you have recently changed your Gmail password and did not update in Email Preferences.
    • If Allow less secure app option is on your Gmail account.

You can fix the first one by updating your email preferences in Method with the new password.
    You can turn off the Allow less secure app option in Gmail. Here is an article that can help with that.

If this doesn't fix your issue, please give us a call on our support line 1-888-925-6238 x2 for support and we can help you with that.

-Inder

• 08-17-2018 11:01 AM In reply to

Hi Inder,

Thank you for that info. I think the issue is most likely the first problem, as we did change our password. Where would I find the option to update the email preferences in Method with the new password? 

Thanks.

• 08-21-2018 8:50 AM In reply to

You can update this info by doing the following:

1. From your Method dashboard, click the Gear icon and choose Preferences > Email.
    2. Then you can update the password from under email.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)