Method Community

How do I change a Control Name (id?) in the Designer?

Last post 09-27-2018 10:44 AM by BuvinJ. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-24-2018 6:02 PM

• BuvinJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-24-2018
    • Posts 4

How do I change a Control Name (id?) in the Designer?

I have added some controls, which need to be hooked up with custom logic in order to be populated (and sloted into an existing algorythm on the View Contact screen). 

I can't set the control names / ids.  So while I might be to build some logic for them, they will never be easy to deal with in the future.  I found that playing with the captions had some effect, but in general this seems to automated and out of one's control.  As it is now, I have controls with meaningless names like "Input" and "Text" that I can't seem to name myself. 

I assume I'm missing something very simple.  Where/how does one edit this basic attribute?

• 09-26-2018 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: How do I change a Control Name (id?) in the Designer?

Hello BuviJ,

As of now, you can only achieve this by renaming those on the caption. I can put in a feature request with our team to handle this better in the future.

-Inder

• 09-27-2018 10:44 AM In reply to

• BuvinJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-24-2018
    • Posts 4

Re: How do I change a Control Name (id?) in the Designer?

Thank you.  That will be helpful.  This is straight forward when directly dropping controls based on concrete fields from the screen's primary table.  It's a different situation when the field is an abstraction of some sort.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)