Method Community

Activity Contact / Entity Relation

Last post 09-15-2020 12:29 PM by Method_Inderdeep. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2020 11:49 AM

Activity Contact / Entity Relation

Checking to see if there is a limitation that prevents the Entity from being differenet from then activity contact. Trying to make Method job based rather then contact based. We have been successful in changing the opportunities window to have separate contact and entities but running into trouble with the activity window.

• 05-05-2020 1:06 PM In reply to

Re: Activity Contact / Entity Relation

Not sure I understand the question entirely but as I understand it Method was built like Quickbooks was built. Entity and Contact are not separate things. The primary contact is a field within the record for an entity. Method doea add the ability to add in additional contacts but that doesn't really change anything.

For jobs, jobs are just sub-customers in Quickbooks. if you end up with many jobs for the same entity that also have the same primary contact you will have that person listed over and over again in your Method contacts.

• 09-15-2020 12:29 PM In reply to

Re: Activity Contact / Entity Relation

Just to add to what Tom1010 has mentioned above, you can have as many contacts as you want but they are all part of the same Entity in Method. Let me know what kind of issues you are running into and our support team can look into this for you. 

You can reach out to us on 1-888-925-6238 or you can start a chat from your Method account itself.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)