Method Community

Quick Books application permissions

Last post 11-25-2008 3:59 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2008 8:06 AM

Quick Books application permissions

Good morning,

Well, we have just started the initial sync, and I think we may have a problem Houston! Please take a look at the below information copied from the screen. Is it running the sync, is it waiting for a secure connection, or is it stuck at the permissions issue?

11/25/2008 8:13:48 AM Warning: Error in OpenConnectionBeginSession, HRESULT = -2147220456 (80040418); This application has not accessed this QuickBooks company data file before. The QuickBooks administrator must grant an application permission to access a QuickBooks company data file for the first time.; iContext=30
    ------company file open------
    11/25/2008 8:13:43 AM QB file:
    11/25/2008 8:13:12 AM awaiting secure https connection

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill

• 11-25-2008 1:34 PM In reply to

Re: Quick Books application permissions

Hi Bill,

Looks to me as though you're syncing with a multi-user QB database and the administrator of the QB database you're syncing with hasn't logged on yet.  For security purposes, it is required that the QB database administrator log onto Method and run a sync before additional user permissions are granted access to the database.  Once the administrator of the QB database logs on and performs a sync, you will be granted access.  Give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

• 11-25-2008 3:01 PM In reply to

Hi Kristopher,

Sorry about that! Obviously I had a slow day. Started looking at all the complicated solutions, and forgot to check who had logged on to the QB server last. Bit of a "DUH" moment! Do appreciate the response though. We had no other issues. Very smooth installation. Talk to you tomorrow at 10:00AM.

Thanks,

Bill

• 11-25-2008 3:59 PM In reply to

Not a problem.  We're glad to hear you had no sync issues and that your installation went smoothly.  Looking forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)