Method Community

Complete Copy

Last post 12-10-2010 2:41 PM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2010 10:39 PM

• hmsrpm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-12-2010
    • Ohio
    • Posts 19

Complete Copy

I would like to make a complete copy of my Method Account and start a new account to link to another Quickbooks database.  I would like to be able to bring over all of the changes made to tables and tables added, along with screens.  Is this possible?

Thanks

Heather   

Heather Studer
  • 12-07-2010 1:46 PM In reply to

Re: Complete Copy

Answer

Hi Heather,

Your Method Account is tied specifically to one QB database at a time. You can always use the "Copy / Import Screen..." to copy from an existing Method account to a new one, however to do this you would need to simultaneously have two Method accounts registered with us - one to copy from, and other to import into. *Note: Using the "Copy / Import Screen" function does not copy over the data in the tables, it merely copies the screens that display that data. To make a copy of the data, you would need to back up your Method tables using the "Import/Export" tool under customize -> integration tools. 

Regards,
    Denis

• 12-10-2010 12:12 AM In reply to

• hmsrpm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-12-2010
    • Ohio
    • Posts 19

Thanks for the information.  That gets me off to a good start.  I just have one point I would like some clarification on, will I be able to bring over tables I added and fields that were added to existing tables. I'm not as concerned about the actual data in the tables just the structure, so the screens work correctly.  I just want to make sure this will work before I sign up for another account.

Thanks

Heather

Heather Studer
  • 12-10-2010 2:41 PM In reply to

Hi Heather,

The "Copy / Import Screen.." does carry over your tables and added fields, the structure and screens will work exactly the same was they did before minus the data.

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)