Method Community

Clearing data

Last post 12-13-2010 1:23 PM by Anonymous. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2010 6:57 PM

Clearing data

Hello,

Can you tell me if there is yet a way to clear data all tables and start over with clean databases without having to create another account?

This is a HUGE hinderance to developing in Method where there is no way to "Test" without affecting live data.

Thank you,

Richard 

• 12-08-2010 8:50 PM In reply to

• hmsrpm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-12-2010
    • Ohio
    • Posts 19

Re: Clearing data

Answer

Here is my best advise for a work around.  Create a backup of your current Quickbooks company "currentcompany".  Create a new QB company named "currentcompanymethod"  (use your QB company name), use "currentcompanymethod" to link to your Method application .  Continue using your original company for your live business.  Create your Method application using the backed up company "currentcompanymethod".  Once you have developed the Method application, create a new backup of "currentcompany".  Then open "currentcompanymethod" and restore from backup the backup you just created from "currentcompany".  This way you are only working with a backup file while you are developing your Method Application and then can bring over all of your current live data once you have got the Method application figured out.

Additional note.  Always make a backup of your QB file before making major Method application changes.

This may not help the current situation, but may help others in the future.

Heather

Heather Studer
  • 12-13-2010 1:23 PM In reply to

Re: Clearing data

Hello,

Regarding Heather's reply - this sounds legitimate and should work, however one thing I did want to add is that the method (pun intended) above will cause all your "test" data to go over to your legitimate QuickBooks file, which will appear as conflicts under  QuickBooks -> Resolve Conflicts section. A work-around to this is using the "Wait for Sync Approval" check-box on your transactions, which will prevent the test data from syncing into your QB file (or at least help minimize the number of items you don't want to go over).

Regards,
    Denis

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)