Method Community

Adding Fields to a Table

Last post 12-14-2010 8:23 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-09-2010 8:40 PM

• hmsrpm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-12-2010
    • Ohio
    • Posts 19

Adding Fields to a Table

Everytime I add a new field to an existing table the table closes and goes back to the main Table list.  Is there any way to stay in the table while adding fields?  This would save a lot of time.

Heather Studer
  • 12-10-2010 2:34 PM In reply to

Re: Adding Fields to a Table

Answer

Hi Heather,

If you're in Customize->Tables/Fields->Edit Fields, then you should be able to add multiple fields without having the window close.  It should only close when you click "Finished editing fields."

Is this not the case for you?

Thanks,

Wayne

Wayne Barbaza
    Account Manager
    Method Integration
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 728
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: w.barbaza@methodintegration.com
  • 12-11-2010 9:09 AM In reply to

• hmsrpm
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-12-2010
    • Ohio
    • Posts 19

The Customize->Tables/Fields->Edit Fields, is exactly what I'm doing.  However the window is closing everytime I click "add field".  I am adding fields to a new table I created, but I won't think that should make a difference.

Heather Studer
  • 12-14-2010 8:23 AM In reply to

Hi Heather,

I have tried to replicate your issue but on my end, going to Customize -> Tables / Fields -> Add a new Field works properly.

Could you kindly go to Customize -> Users and enable the MethodSupport account. I will jump into your account and double check to see what is happening on your end. Smile Please also email me the name of your account that you use to sign in so that I know what account is experiencing the issue.

Regards,
    Denis 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)