Method Community

error generating report

Last post 08-22-2024 9:49 AM by BeHappy. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2024 10:59 AM

error generating report

In my PO app I have 2 buttons on the page.  They each generate a report (different versions of the PO.)  One button works great.  The other gives me an error.  I cannot figure out what the difference is.  The report looks great in preview.   I tried copying the other report and just changing the 2 fields.  I tried copying the button that works and just changing the report it generates.  I cannot figure it out.  Any thoughts?

The error I get is:

A005 - There was an error generating your report. Please check your Generate Report action to ensure all fields are setup properly, and that the report loads correctly in the report designer.

Additional information:

Line 2 - Generate Report

• 08-15-2024 9:40 AM In reply to

Re: error generating report

Hello BeHappy,

Thanks for reaching out to Method Community. 

Every report is unique, with specific actions and parameters driving them. While it might seem straightforward to print another report from the same button, there could be underlying actions preventing that. That appears to be the case here. If you'd like, I can take a closer look and see if I can find a solution. Please share the screen details with me.

Alternatively, working with one of our consultants would be a good option—they can build this for you as well.

Cheers,

Inder

• 08-19-2024 8:07 AM In reply to

I sent a message thru your inbox.  I'd be happy to get some help and let you go in and take a look.

• 08-19-2024 10:37 AM In reply to

Yes, I have received your message and tested the report on my end and it seems to have some problem. Then I tested this on the stock screen with the stock report (Printable Purchase Order) and it is working fine on the stock report. Since this is a custom report, it seems like something on the report is not validating and that is why it is failing to generate. 

Based on my analysis of the custom report, here are your two options:

• Our consulting team can look into this and fix this report for you or create a new report.(Billable Time)
    • You can revert to the stock report and make a copy of the report and try to make changed to that and see if that works for you.
  • 08-19-2024 2:42 PM In reply to

I appreciate you looking.  Now none of the print buttons work.   I'll have to start over from the beginning template and make my changes. 

• 08-20-2024 2:11 PM In reply to

Well I have now reverted back to the original screen version and nothing will print.  Contacting support - sigh

• 08-22-2024 8:44 AM In reply to

I tested on your stock screen and template and it seems to be printing for me. Let me know how it goes.

• 08-22-2024 9:49 AM In reply to

Method worked on it and got the original screen to print the old version of PO  But when I switch to the version I was working on (#14) none of the things will print.  Additionally I created a statement report that I get the same error.  Method has now escalated it to a customer case.  

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)