Method Community

method update screens > update customized screens

Last post 01-06-2011 9:40 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2010 9:02 PM

method update screens > update customized screens

Sorry if this has been covered, or is basic, but after our busy year, I'm just back to relearning customizing, etc. I'll have to go through all the webinars again.  The record cold here in Florida has stopped our service work and I can once again play a bit with Method.

When Method rolls out an updated screen, and I've previously customized that screen, how best to incorporate the updates? Guess there's no automatic system, eh?

And, Is there an update wiki or something so we can see the history of the updates?

Thanks, Richard

Richard Martyniak,M.Sc. Entomologist
    The Buzzkillers, LLC, an ALLFloridaBeeRemoval.com affiliate
  • 12-29-2010 4:29 PM In reply to

Re: method update screens > update customized screens

Answer

Hi Richard,

Welcome back to customizing with Method! Beer

When we push updates to the Method application, the only screens that are updated are the default Method screens. Custom screens remain the same from the time they are created, and skip any updates.

To keep abreast of the updates for Method, kindly go to our twitter page.

Regards,
    Denis

• 01-05-2011 4:17 PM In reply to

Hi Denis,

Ok, I knew that only the default method screens were updated. So, let's see if I have this straight. To keep my custom screens synched with Methods updates to default screens, I have to monitor your Twitter account? and go through tweets like: "6 practical Social Media skills you never even knew you had but that you can use right away" and others and tweeze out the updates?????

C'mon give us a wiki or just a page with chronological updates. So I can scan and quickly find the ones that apply to me. Maybe there's one already and I don't know about.

Richard Martyniak,M.Sc. Entomologist
    The Buzzkillers, LLC, an ALLFloridaBeeRemoval.com affiliate
  • 01-06-2011 9:40 AM In reply to

Hi Richard,

Given that Method is a "customizable" ever-evolving solution, v.s. an off-the-shelf product that has a limited set of features, the changes that we make to our platform on a dailly basis are extensive. Actions in the hundreds get added, screens are changed, etc. For this reason, we update our users on top-level features only for the time being, such as new screens or new tools being created (i.e. Method Web-Forms, or Outlook plugin) as often as they come out about. This is a limitation of developing a product such as Method, but in the future we hope to make more detailed updates and documentation - stay tuned!

Denis

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)